Two millwrights open their doors in Elmira, Ontario, focusing on service work and installations.
First Manufacturing Facility
Advance Millwrights moves to a 1,000 sq ft. shop on Howard Ave, permitting the manufacturing of their own equipment with a team of 10.
Advance Millwrights moves down the street to their current location 21 Howard Ave location, utilizing only 10,000 sq ft. of the building.
Expanding Manufacturing Capacity
Advance Millwrights takes the entire 21 Howard Ave facility to keep up with demand, doubling their manufacturing space.
Advance Millwrights Acquired by TMG
Advance Millwrights Inc. joins TMG, a group of elite skilled trades companies offering a single source solution to customers.
New Leadership & Brand
Advance Millwright’s logo and brand is also updated to be more modern. Krystal Darling is appointed CEO and Brad Shantz is appointed President. Read more.
TMG Acquires ICS
Stratford-based electrical company Industrial Contracting Solutions Inc. joins TMG, expanding their services offered. Read more.
With 75 employees, Advance Millwrights doubles there manufacturing capabilities to 40,000 sq ft. and upgrades their equipment with a new laser, 320T break press, 10T cranes, climate controlled facility, and paint booths. Read more.
TMG Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
TMG was recognized for overall business performance and sustained growth with the prestigious Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation. Read more.
Protecting our planet by being role models within our industry.
- Member of Sustainable Waterloo Region
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Teaching proper waste sorting and recycling
- Natural lighting in facility
- Battery recycling program
- Reusable water bottles and travel mugs
- Reverse osmosis water taps
Giving back to the communities we call home.
- Woolwich Community Services Food Drive
- St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation
- Local sports team sponsorships
- Tim Horton’s Smile Cookie
- Movemeber for Men’s Health
- Charity Golf Tournaments
Raise the Bar Gym
Our Raise the Bar fitness facility is available for use by all Advance Millwright employees before, during, or after work. We asked our employees what they wanted in a company gym and tailored the equipment to accommodate their fitness goals:
- Stationary bike
- Rowing machine
- Squat rack
- Free weights
- Kettlebells, bands etc.
Our Social Committee is a team of volunteers from all departments within our company who are passionate about food, family, sports, and more. Here are some of the social initiatives that the Social Committee has whipped up:
- Holiday Events – Company Christmas Party, Canada Day BBQ
- Family Events – Kid’s Christmas Party, Drive-In Movie Nights
- Team Bonding Events – Escape Rooms, Golfing, Axe-Throwing
- Social Contests – Baking contests, Pumpkin decorating contest
- Personal Development – Fitness challenges, Guest speakers